Class of 2018 - Memory Board Instructions
- What is a Memory Board?
- A memory board, also known as photo collage or picture board, is a collection of photos, mementos, awards, and other items that represent the student’s life.
- Students LOVE their memory boards and really enjoy looking at their friends' boards. They are keepsakes that your student will take home with them after Grad Night and hang in their dorm/room.
Who makes the Memory Board?
- Each family makes their student’s memory board which will be prominently displayed in the small gym during the Grad Night Party for all students to enjoy.
What should I do?
- There are examples of memory boards on the next page.
- Decide if you will make your board via the scrapbooking way or digitally.
- If you choose the scrapbooking way, please buy one (1) foam board in the color of your choice at Michael’s, Affordable Treasures, or Office Depot that measures 20”x30”. Suggestions for decorations include: photos, mementos, special awards, baby items, etc. Some printing of digital photos may be necessary with this option. Glue or tape these items to the board.
- If you choose to do your board digitally, order your collage poster board from Costco, Walgreens, CVS, Walmart, Shutterfly, Collage.com, etc. in the 20” x 30” size. You will need to upload your desired photos onto their website. If you add pre-digital photos, scanning will be required for this option. If you order a collage poster print, you will need to mount it on a foam board with glue or tape.
- Your board can be in a portrait (vertical direction) or landscape (horizontal direction).
- Make sure your student's name is easily visible on the front of the board. The back of the board should have first and last name.
Please DO NOT...
- Please do not make 3-D decorations, laminate, paint or frame your board. They will be too heavy to hang.
- Please do not make your board larger than 20" x 30". Confine décor within the board.
- Please do not miss the turn-in deadline.
Where can I get additional help and buy supplies for the board?
- Google “high school memory board” images for ideas.
- Scrapbook items can be purchased at Scrapbook Island Creative Escape, 14090 Blossom Hill Road, Los Gatos, CA 95032 (408) 978-8900.
- Stickers and paper items can be purchased at craft stores such as Michael's, JOANN Fabrics and Crafts, Beverly’s Fabric and Crafts as well as Target.
When and Where should I turn in the Memory Board?
- Drop off your Memory Boards on Monday, June 4th and Tuesday, June 5th between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. in the school office. Late boards will be accepted in the small gym Wednesday, June 6th from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Use your imagination, do not wait till the last minute, and most of all HAVE FUN!
Questions: Contact Susan Vukovatz at (408) 656-6863 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Memory Board Samples